St Andrews Business Club is looking to appoint two new Marketing Communications Interns.
This is a great opportunity to work for a local, long-established networking club where you will gain excellent business experience and communication skills.
While this is not a paid position, any out-of-pocket expenses incurred on Club duties will be reimbursed and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Training and mentoring from the business club committee members.
- Practical experience in real-life marketing communications to add to your CV.
- LinkedIn Recommendations from Committee members – https://standrewsbusinessclub.co.uk/about-us/committee/ – if overall job performance has met an agreed standard.
- Introductions to useful career contacts
- Opportunity to network and make useful career and personal connections at Club events, free of charge.
- Enjoy the full benefits of being a member of the St Andrews Business Club, such as member discounts at Luvians.
- Attend relevant educational talks by the business community.
- Experience working on a professional committee and the duties it entails, as well as gaining knowledge of issues such as advertising/GDPR/club finances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The interns will assist the business club committee in advertising and running events.
- Attend the events, take photos, and produce post-event comms.
- Attend Committee meetings with the main business club committee – approximately once every 2 months in the evening 5.30-7 pm.
- Schedule social media Business page posts to promote each event using Hootsuite.
- Promote member businesses by creating social posts – Opportunity for interns to devise creative, original content that drives more engagement.
- Create content for post event comms.
- Take photographs of the event (with a club camera).
- Edit content on Club’s WordPress site – Training will be provided.
- Evaluate the need for a student club and act on results which may include re-establishing the student club post-Covid.
DESIRED MARKETING TASKS
- Eventbrite – event creation & management – Training and content will be provided.
- Attend Club events – to assist with running each event – roughly one per month. See the schedule at https://standrewsbusinessclub.co.uk/events-st-andrews-business-club/
- Interest in marketing communications
- Facebook – you must have your own account – Admin permissions for the Club page will be granted.
- Twitter – some prior experience would be useful, but training will be provided
- LinkedIn – you must have a profile on this platform
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in a wide variety of IT applications
- Must be professional and flexible in the way tasks are completed
- Good time management skills
- Desire to learn and be guided by experienced professionals
Approximately 2 hours per week.
START DATE & LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP
The start date and length of the internship will be agreed with the successful candidates.
The interns will be supervised and trained directly by the Committee member with primary responsibility for Club communications, but also by other members of the Committee.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be made by sending your CV via email to email@example.com with:
- Subject Line “Marketing Communications Intern Application”
- In the body of the email, you should describe why you are applying and why you feel you would be suitable for the role.
CLOSING DATE: 21st October 2022
A shortlist of candidates will be selected for an interview in St Andrews or online.
QUERIES: Any queries about this role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Snow White At The Byre Theatre St Andrews
Our Christmas event, on Thursday 29 November 2012, will be dinner followed by the opening night’s performance of this year’s pantomime, ‘Snow White’, at The Byre Theatre, St Andrews. We will meet at the theatre at 5.30 pm (please be prompt) for dinner, the show will commence at 7 pm and finish by 9 pm. We have also been offered a backstage tour after the show for those who are interested. Please indicate whether or not you would like to go on the tour on your reply slip below.
The costs for the evening are –
2 course meal with tea/coffee & ticket – £29 for adults
Children’s dinner & ticket – £16
Please note that this will not include any drinks and once paid for it is not refundable although it is transferable to another person for that evening only.
All cheques should be made payable to ‘The Byre Theatre of St Andrews’ not the Business Club.
“Mirror, Mirror on the wall …..
In the kingdom of Fantasia, time is running out – if Queen Lucretia doesn’t find a husband soon, she will lose her eternal youth and beauty. But she’s not worried – she has her sights set on the dashing Prince Valiant and when you’re the “fairest in the land”, how could he possibly resist?
But when the Prince meets Snow White and falls in love, the wicked queen will stop at nothing to get rid of her new rival. Is Snow White doomed? Is Prince Valiant brave enough to rescue his new love and ensure good triumphs over evil? Oh, and just who are those seven small figures lurking in the woods…?
Filled with laughter, suspense and a host of colourful characters, the Byre Panto returns with a fresh take on this classic story that’s guaranteed to keep audiences of all ages spellbound.”