Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday 7 November 2012 at 7.45 am for 8.00 am at Alexander’s Restaurant, Best Western Scores Hotel, St Andrews.
The cost of the Meeting will be £10.50 per person.
Our guest speaker will be Donald McLeod, a retired highly notable IT specialist, who is currently lobbying the Scottish Government with regard to rural broadband.
Born on the island of Barra, Donald has gained degrees in Maths, Physics and IT. He is a Chartered IT Professional (CITP), a member of the British Computer Society (MBCS) and has spent his whole professional life in the IT industry –
• System analyst setting up national Giro service
• Philips Industries and Strathclyde Regional Council
• Britoil / BP becoming European IT Manager
• American Company Science Applications International Corporation
(SAIC) as UK general manger specialising in the oil industry
• Part owner and director of Extramed Ltd, Scottish software company
specialising in management systems for NHS
Some of the topics Donald will be covering are –
• Broadband – What it is
• Why it matters – relevance to business, individuals
• Broadband in the context of Internet systems
• Scottish Government initiatives and other developments