INTERNSHIP VACANCY – Marketing Communications Interns
St Andrews Business Club is looking to appoint two new Marketing Communications Interns.
This is a really good opportunity to work for a local, long-established networking club where you will gain excellent business experience and communication skills.
While this is not a paid position, any out-of-pocket expenses incurred on Club duties will be reimbursed and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Training and mentoring from experienced professionals.
- Practical experience of real-life marketing communications with measurable results to add to your CV.
- LinkedIn Recommendations from Committee members – https://standrewsbusinessclub.co.uk/about-us/committee/ – if overall job performance has met an agreed standard.
- Introductions to useful career contacts and potential employers.
- Opportunity to network and make useful career and personal connections at Club events, free of charge.
- Enjoy the full benefits of being a member of the St Andrews Business Club, such as member discounts at Luvians, J&G Innes, etc.
- Attend relevant educational talks by the business community.
- Experience of working on a professional committee and the duties it entails, as well as gaining knowledge of issues such as data protection/GDPR/club finances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The interns will assist the business club committee in certain tasks as well as organize events for the St Andrews Business Club for Students.
- Attend Committee meetings with the main business club committee – once every 2 months in the evening 5.30-7 pm.
- Schedule Facebook Business page posts to promote each event
- Promote member businesses by creating social posts – Opportunity for interns to devise creative original content that drives more engagement.
- Create and add content to a Facebook Album for each event.
- Take photographs of the event (with a club camera).
- Schedule tweets in Hootsuite – https://hootsuite.com – to promote each event using Eventbrite links and photos supplied by main Comms person/Event speaker contact.
- Promote member businesses by creating social posts – Opportunity for interns to devise creative original content that drives more engagement
- Optional – Retweet Members tweets and tweets by Local Fife groups we have links with and have created Twitter Lists
- Edit content on Club’s WordPress site – Training will be provided.
- Re-establishing the student club following a gap due to the pandemic.
- Organizing committee meetings for the student club.
- Increase new memberships and membership renewals
DESIRED MARKETING TASKS
- Eventbrite – event creation & management – Training and content will be provided.
- Campaign Monitor – marketing email creation & scheduling – Training will be provided.
- Attend Club events – to assist with the running of each event – roughly one per month. See schedule at https://standrewsbusinessclub.co.uk/events-st-andrews-business-club/
- Interest in marketing communications
- Facebook – you must have your own account – Admin permissions for Club page will be granted.
- Twitter – some prior experience would be useful, but training will be provided
- LinkedIn – you must have a profile on this platform
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in a wide variety of IT applications
- Must be professional and flexible in the way tasks are completed
- Good time management skills
- Desire to learn and be guided by experienced professionals
- See above, but once a season is launched – approximately two hours every week.
START DATE & LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP
The start date and length of the internship will be agreed upon with the successful candidates.
The interns will be supervised and trained directly by the Committee member with primary responsibility for Club communications, but also by other members of the Committee.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be made by sending your CV via email to email@example.com with:
- Subject Line “Marketing Communications Intern Application”
- In the body of the email, you should describe why you are applying and why you feel you would be suitable for the role.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 05/02/21, 23:59
A shortlist of candidates will be selected for a brief online interview in St Andrews.
QUERIES: Any queries about this role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to get in touch with our current interns, please contact Sanaa Sachdev or Stanley Parker at email@example.com